Saturday, May 22, 2010

orange is the new pink

I used to hate orange. As a kid I classified it as an "ugly color", along with brown, grey, and army green. Coincidentally, those four colors have marked both SS10 and AW10 with spring's neon everything and the utilitarian revival in both spring and fall. Even so, I hadn't really thought much about the color this winter - February in New York doesn't exactly scream citrus - until on one of my tri-weekly visits to Walgreens to feed my nail polish addiction I stumbled upon this gem by one of my trusted favs, Wet n' Wild.
Instantly converted. I started craving orange; my found favorites from a two-day NYC shopping binge were from Uniqlo: a denim mini-skirt and pair of shorts (see bottom) in an almost identical shade, as well as a less neon linen button-down with tiny white pinstripes that made me think of creamsicles

I'm not the only one. SS10 was ripe with OJ, clementine, tangerine, nectarine, and occasionally their cousin peach. Lanvin and Blumarine were big fans, as were a few streetwear brands. Below, examples you can't afford, followed by those you potentially can.


Lanvin SS10


Blumarine SS10


Anna Sui SS10




MaxMara SS10 advertising campaign



Karen Walker Eyewear


And for not just wishful thinking:

romper by Insight Summer'10

sweatshirt by Wildfox Couture; 80'sPurple.com

romper by Roxy; roxy.com


shorts by Uniqlo; Uniqlo stores



No comments:

Post a Comment