Sunday, November 21, 2010

Navajo loco

Over here in Spain, there's a giant horseriding trend. It's marginally inherent in the dress - Spain has as much a history of cowboys as we do - and there's a large quantity of stores dedicated to traditional polo (the sport, not the brand) wear and many more who've taken those to the masses. They don't tout Spanish leather for nothing - stores and street markets run with tassled suede bags, saddle-clasp belts, and hundreds of woven bracelets. I've secured a gorgeous chesnut backpack and a red, white, and blue wallet, both relatively cheap and really well made. Zara, which is based in Spain, really took the heritage theme and ran with it this season, showing horse-printed blouses, tall buckled boots, jodhpurs (which I bought in creamy tan with a dark brown accent), and elbow-patched blazer in every pattern, material, and color. If all the super soft tan leather wasn't a danger enough, they've just updated their stores for winter with tons of Navajo-inspired knits and outerwear. I'm struggling not to spend the last of my money. Mango, also Spanish by birth, did it to a lesser degree (fewer trendy pieces, but better-made ones) and has me pining for shearling and this baby soft suede button down that I want to cry over.
I'm hoping to nab a fur vest before I leave, and possibly some shearling-lined heeled booties; tearfully, these prices JACK up in the States.







wool and faux fur vest: Zara. shearling and leather jacket, suede shirt: Mango ring: etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment