Wednesday, January 5, 2011

so it begins: ss11 lookbooks

It's January, so that means it's time for Spring lookbooks to start appearing (naturally...). While the runways were all about neon-infused 70s-meets-30s, I'm still wavering more towards the classic Americana. Where last spring was tough, hard, with studs and raw edged denim, this spring is yielding both a softer palette and shape. It's the Ralph Lauren influence rather than the Balmain.
Below, a few of my favs that have surfaced. Madewell, of course, was pared-down sportswear excellence. It was hard to chose a favorite among the spectacular loose blazers, high rolled shorts, and button downs (top pieces 1, 2, and 3 of my wardrobe) in honeyed khaki and navy. Recent import ASOS was wonderful too - tons of colorful stripes and flowing maxi dresses that cause me to lament my shortness.
Wildfox Couture White Label
ASOS
Madewell
Topshop

My one departure: I'm terribly in love with Prada's vibrant swirls and stripes. Since I definitely do not have the funds to get my hands on the real deal, I'll be searching for a diffusion. And definitely some round sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment