Monday, January 3, 2011

this ain't no rodeo cowgirl

It was almost certain that True Grit would end up being one of the year's best films - the Coen bros. rarely disappoint and a dirty revenge Western was exactly what today's tired film industry was lacking, not to mention accomplished veterans Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon on the cast list. And while I'll always rank Bridges as one of my favorite actors it was 14-yr-old newcomer Hailee Steinfeld that really blew me away in her powerful role as Maddie Ross. She's sassy and headstrong and can ride a horse as well as a Texas Ranger; Steinfeld played the role to a T and drew herself equal to her considerably more experienced co-stars. I fell in love with the forest green overcoat she wears throughout the film, secured with a wrapped leather belt and accented with a matching wide brim hat. I'm a BIG fan of hats and this one made me sincerely regret not purchasing a caballero-style one while in Spain.
A quick Google image search of the young actress yielded even more delightful surprises: Steinfeld's red carpet looks from the premiere - a silvery vintage Moschino party dress and a classic Calvin Klein sheath and a side-swept ponytail - and a feature in Blackbook magazine where she's rocking some serious Bardot waves. Exciting new talent for sure and perhaps... a future modeling career? I could see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment